Oak Moss by Attar Bazaar is a 100% natural Absolute Oil. Its aroma is incredibly strong, wet, earthy, and mossy. It is also very green with notes of bark and leather. Oak Moss smells like a wet forest floor with misty fog and it imparts a sense of tranquility that comes from being out in nature, away from the hustle and bustle. Reunite with nature with Attar Bazaar's Oak Moss Absolute!
Oak Moss is very thick and comes with a dipstick. Please note that our largest dip stick size is the 1/2oz. So 1oz and 2oz sizes come in 2-half ounce bottles and 4-half ounce bottles respectively.
Evernia prunastri, also known as oak moss, is a species of lichen. A thick resin-like consistency, Oak Moss oil is used in perfumery for its fixative properties and frequently will form the base notes in many fragrances. Blends well with Anise, Bergamot, Clary sage, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Lavender, Lime, Orange, Tea tree, Vetivert, Ylang ylang.
As with all absolute and essential oils, never use them undiluted. Do not take internally. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body.
Both essential oils and absolute oils are 100% natural. They differ in their method of obtaining the oil. Essential oil is largely obtained using steam distillation. However, when a plant material is too delicate for that process, solvent extraction is used to obtain what is called an absolute oil. Then all solvent is removed to complete the finished product.
Always follow the safety guidelines below when working with any essential oil:
- Always dilute essential oils properly before using. Never apply an undiluted essential oil directly to your skin.
- Don’t eat or drink essential oils unless you’re under the supervision of a qualified professional.
- When using essential oils for aromatherapy, make sure the room you’re in has good ventilation.
- Think about who else is in the room inhaling the aromatherapy. Some essential oils are dangerous for pregnant women, children, and pets.
- Keep essential oils away from your eyes.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to become pregnant, talk with your doctor before using essential oils.
- Keep essential oils in a place where children and pets can’t get to them.
- When shopping for essential oils, be aware of any product information that claims to treat a specific disease or condition. The Food and Drug Administration doesn’t regulate most essential oils, so these claims may be more marketing and not be validated by research.
Essential oils and pet safety:
- It’s important to know that some essential oils can be very harmful to animals, even when diffused and depending on dilution. If you have questions or concerns about your pet, speak to a veterinarian. More resources are available from places like the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.
If your Attar Bazaar purchase fails to live up to your expectations - it does not matter what you expected, or why, even if you have no reason - you'll receive whichever you choose:
- a replacement product
- a credit against a new purchase
- or a refund of the purchase price (excluding freight charges)
In the unlikely event you would not be satisfied by our products, do not hesitate to contact us.