Italian Bergamot by Attar Bazaar is a 100% natural steam-distilled essential oil. It is derived from an orange shaped fruit, defined as a hybrid of bitter orange and lemon. This Bergamot from Italy is the best we have ever found. Bergamot is a complex citrus scent that is impeccably bright with unique floral and spicy notes. It is tart and citrusy. While Bergamot has a primarily tart and uplifting aroma, there are also sweet and relaxing elements in its scent.
A citrus oil, bergamot can be used as an ingredient in many perfume blends. It has a wonderful, rich, sweet-tart aroma. Folklore claims this oil has a calming effect on the mood. Bergamot can be blended with other attars and essential oils, creating a personalized blend.
The bergamot is a small tree native to tropical Asia that is cultivated extensively on the southern coast of Italy. The peel of the fresh, nearly ripe fruit is the source of the oil. The oil is obtained by cold expression. Blends well with amber, patchouli, musk and sandalwood! Bergamot lovers indulge yourself with our Italian Bergamot.
As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted. Do not take internally. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body.
Always follow the safety guidelines below when working with any essential oil:
- Always dilute essential oils properly before using. Never apply an undiluted essential oil directly to your skin.
- Don’t eat or drink essential oils unless you’re under the supervision of a qualified professional.
- When using essential oils for aromatherapy, make sure the room you’re in has good ventilation.
- Think about who else is in the room inhaling the aromatherapy. Some essential oils are dangerous for pregnant women, children, and pets.
- Keep essential oils away from your eyes.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to become pregnant, talk with your doctor before using essential oils.
- Keep essential oils in a place where children and pets can’t get to them.
- When shopping for essential oils, be aware of any product information that claims to treat a specific disease or condition. The Food and Drug Administration doesn’t regulate most essential oils, so these claims may be more marketing and not be validated by research.
Essential oils and pet safety:
- It’s important to know that some essential oils can be very harmful to animals, even when diffused and depending on dilution. If you have questions or concerns about your pet, speak to a veterinarian. More resources are available from places like the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.
If your Attar Bazaar purchase fails to live up to your expectations - it does not matter what you expected, or why, even if you have no reason - you'll receive whichever you choose:
- a replacement product
- a credit against a new purchase
- or a refund of the purchase price (excluding freight charges)
In the unlikely event you would not be satisfied by our products, do not hesitate to contact us.