Frankincense by Attar Bazaar is a 100% natural steam-distilled Essential Oil. It has a fresh pine-lemon bouquet with delicate resinous and woody undertones. It is also spicy and somewhat earthy.
Our Frankincense Essential Oil is full-strength, not diluted or blended! Also known as Olibanum, it is an oleo-gum-resin that seeps from the Boswellia tree when the bark is cut. The Boswellia tree grows in Southern Arabia, India, and Northern Africa; mostly found growing on rocky hillsides and cliffs. Frankincense resin is distilled by steam or CO2 to extract its precious essential oil, which is used extensively in modern aromatherapy. It is used in cosmetics, soaps, and perfumes. Color: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid. It has a grounding aroma, and often used in meditation. Avoid use during pregnancy.
Frankincense has been used since ancient times to awaken higher consciousness, and enhance spirituality, meditation and prayer.
The name "Frankincense" is widely known as an historic biblical ingredient, and to many as one of three gifts from the visiting Magi to the newborn Jesus.
As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted. Do not take internally. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body.
Always follow the safety guidelines below when working with any essential oil:
- Always dilute essential oils properly before using. Never apply an undiluted essential oil directly to your skin.
- Don’t eat or drink essential oils unless you’re under the supervision of a qualified professional.
- When using essential oils for aromatherapy, make sure the room you’re in has good ventilation.
- Think about who else is in the room inhaling the aromatherapy. Some essential oils are dangerous for pregnant women, children, and pets.
- Keep essential oils away from your eyes.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to become pregnant, talk with your doctor before using essential oils.
- Keep essential oils in a place where children and pets can’t get to them.
- When shopping for essential oils, be aware of any product information that claims to treat a specific disease or condition. The Food and Drug Administration doesn’t regulate most essential oils, so these claims may be more marketing and not be validated by research.
Essential oils and pet safety:
- It’s important to know that some essential oils can be very harmful to animals, even when diffused and depending on dilution. If you have questions or concerns about your pet, speak to a veterinarian. More resources are available from places like the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.
If your Attar Bazaar purchase fails to live up to your expectations - it does not matter what you expected, or why, even if you have no reason - you'll receive whichever you choose:
- a replacement product
- a credit against a new purchase
- or a refund of the purchase price (excluding freight charges)
In the unlikely event you would not be satisfied by our products, do not hesitate to contact us.