Indonesian Jasmine Sambac by Attar Bazaar is a 100% all natural Absolute Oil. Because this is an Absolute and the way it's created, this Jasmine oil is incredibly delicate and is sweet, fruity, and bright. Compare to our other natural Jasmine, Indian Jasmine Essential Oil which is warm and sweet. Both are absolutely amazing!
Jasmine Sambac, also known as Arabian or Mogra Jasmine, is primarily cultivated in specific regions, such as India, China, and Egypt.
Jasmine Sambac has a long-standing cultural and symbolic significance in the Indian subcontinent. It is often associated with tradition, spirituality, and romance.
Jasmine Sambac flowers are more scarce than other jasmine varieties, which can result in a higher price. Obtaining jasmine oil from the Jasmine Sambac flowers is a labor-intensive and time-consuming process. The flowers are delicate and need to be hand-picked at a specific stage of their bloom, usually during the night or early morning when the scent is most intense.
Its cultural importance and symbolic value can also contribute to its higher price, as it is considered a premium ingredient in perfumes and other luxury products.
In jasmine fragrances, the top notes are usually light and refreshing, serving as an introduction to the deeper floral notes. Common top notes found in jasmine oil may include citrus notes like bergamot or lemon, as well as green and fruity accents.
Jasmine oil itself is often considered a middle note in fragrances. The heart of jasmine fragrances is characterized by the rich, floral scent of jasmine flowers.
The base notes are the foundation of the fragrance and emerge as the top and middle notes dissipate. Base notes are usually long-lasting and help to anchor the fragrance. Common base notes in jasmine fragrances include musk, sandalwood, amber, vanilla, or patchouli. These notes provide warmth, depth, and a lingering trail to the jasmine fragrance.
As with all absolute and essential oils, do not take internally. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body.
Both essential oils and absolute oils are 100% natural. They differ in their method of obtaining the oil. Essential oil is largely obtained using steam distillation. However, when a plant material is too delicate for that process, solvent extraction is used to obtain what is called an absolute oil. Then all solvent is removed to complete the finished product.
Always follow the safety guidelines below when working with any essential oil:
- Always dilute essential oils properly before using. Never apply an undiluted essential oil directly to your skin.
- Don’t eat or drink essential oils unless you’re under the supervision of a qualified professional.
- When using essential oils for aromatherapy, make sure the room you’re in has good ventilation.
- Think about who else is in the room inhaling the aromatherapy. Some essential oils are dangerous for pregnant women, children, and pets.
- Keep essential oils away from your eyes.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to become pregnant, talk with your doctor before using essential oils.
- Keep essential oils in a place where children and pets can’t get to them.
- When shopping for essential oils, be aware of any product information that claims to treat a specific disease or condition. The Food and Drug Administration doesn’t regulate most essential oils, so these claims may be more marketing and not be validated by research.
Essential oils and pet safety:
- It’s important to know that some essential oils can be very harmful to animals, even when diffused and depending on dilution. If you have questions or concerns about your pet, speak to a veterinarian. More resources are available from places like the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.
If your Attar Bazaar purchase fails to live up to your expectations - it does not matter what you expected, or why, even if you have no reason - you'll receive whichever you choose:
- a replacement product
- a credit against a new purchase
- or a refund of the purchase price (excluding freight charges)
In the unlikely event you would not be satisfied by our products, do not hesitate to contact us.