From our Connoisseur Collection!
Mysore Sandalwood Essential Oil by Attar Bazaar is a sumptuously rich 100% all natural essential oil. It is deep, dark, herbal, and unimaginably woody and smoky. It is also incredibly smooth and well rounded. It's as if you were inside the wood itself. Mysore Sandalwood is the finest steam distilled sandalwood oil available on the earth! The one which sets the standard for sandal oils. This version is 100% Pure Santalum Album from Indonesia.
As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted. Do not take internally. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body.
The Indian Sandalwood Situation Today
The Indian sandalwood tree has become endangered over the past 50 years and in an attempt to curb its possible extinction the Indian government has limited the exportation of sandalwood. I have heard from several suppliers that it is now illegal to export pure sandalwood oil. The Indian suppliers that are willing to send sandalwood oil out of the country have it from previous stock. It is our practice to send a sample of any sandalwood oil we import to a testing lab here in the U.S. We have now obtained a beautiful santalum album sandalwood oil which we have imported from Indonesia. In my opinion, it is breathtaking! In case you are wondering, we continue to call this oil "Mysore Sandalwood" because that is now its most recognizable common name for the steam distilled oil officially known as "Santalum Album".
Always follow the safety guidelines below when working with any essential oil:
- Always dilute essential oils properly before using. Never apply an undiluted essential oil directly to your skin.
- Don’t eat or drink essential oils unless you’re under the supervision of a qualified professional.
- When using essential oils for aromatherapy, make sure the room you’re in has good ventilation.
- Think about who else is in the room inhaling the aromatherapy. Some essential oils are dangerous for pregnant women, children, and pets.
- Keep essential oils away from your eyes.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to become pregnant, talk with your doctor before using essential oils.
- Keep essential oils in a place where children and pets can’t get to them.
- When shopping for essential oils, be aware of any product information that claims to treat a specific disease or condition. The Food and Drug Administration doesn’t regulate most essential oils, so these claims may be more marketing and not be validated by research.
Essential oils and pet safety:
- It’s important to know that some essential oils can be very harmful to animals, even when diffused and depending on dilution. If you have questions or concerns about your pet, speak to a veterinarian. More resources are available from places like the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.
If your Attar Bazaar purchase fails to live up to your expectations - it does not matter what you expected, or why, even if you have no reason - you'll receive whichever you choose:
- a replacement product
- a credit against a new purchase
- or a refund of the purchase price (excluding freight charges)
In the unlikely event you would not be satisfied by our products, do not hesitate to contact us.